One of the characteristics that define Miftaah at our core is "Khidma" (service). We have made this quality the backbone of our organization.
From our instructors that teach hours on end, to the volunteers that run our events, they all exemplify this quality. Miftaah Institute operates with...
Miftaah Institute graduates will not only be recognized as distinguished leaders who understand sacred texts like the Holy Qur’an and Hadith, but they will also be living examples of the virtues and manners of Islam amongst their communities.
The Internship program provides candidates with the opportunity to gain work and community experience in their career fields. Miftaah's Internship Program offers students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds the opportunity to gain hands-on experience at Miftaah.
Internships provide temporary work opportunities that may or may not relate to the student's interest, academic major, and/or career goals. Typically, assignments involve volunteer, meaningful work, provide hands-on experiential learning, and can potentially lead to future career opportunities.
An Outreach Coordinator, or Community Outreach Coordinator, is responsible for connecting Miftaah with organizations with the surrounding community in the United States and Canada. Their duties include brainstorming potential partnerships or methods for engagement with the local community, maintaining a calendar for outreach events and working closely with community partners to plan and execute various events.
• Public relations: An Outreach Coordinator often will be in charge of fundraising and creating strategic relationships with donors. Public relations is a way that an Outreach Coordinator will communicate with donors to represent the organization.
• Research: An Outreach Coordinator collects data and information to focus on the donors, events and venues that may be useful to the organization.
• Administrative duties: Project management and event coordination are some administrative duties an Outreach Coordinator may do in addition to supervising volunteers and office work that benefits the organization.
At Miftaah, we understand that a successful event is the result of careful planning and execution. We’re looking for an experienced special events manager to join our team and help us take our events to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of planning and executing successful events, as well as a keen eye for detail. He or she will be responsible for managing all aspects of our special events, from start to finish. This includes developing event concepts, coordinating with vendors, managing budgets, and overseeing on-site event logistics. The successful candidate will be a master of multitasking and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They will also be requested to travel to other states and countries to organize events out-of-state.
• Communication: Special events managers often communicate with a variety of people, including clients, vendors, staff and other event organizers. Effective communication skills can help you convey messages clearly and understand others’ messages. You can use communication skills in many aspects of your job, including planning, organizing and executing an event.
• Organization: Special events managers often have strong organizational skills, as they often have to manage many tasks at once. Organization skills can help you prioritize tasks, delegate responsibilities and keep track of important information.
• Marketing: Special events managers often have strong marketing skills, as they often work with marketing teams to promote events and sell tickets. Marketing skills can include creating advertisements, developing marketing campaigns and creating social media posts.
• Budgeting: Special events managers often work with a budget, which can include a variety of expenses. They may need to plan for the cost of renting venues, purchasing food and beverages, hiring staff and paying for any necessary equipment. A strong ability to budget can help a special events manager create successful events that don’t go over budget.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to be in charge of the organization’s marketing ventures. This primarily involves developing and implementing strategies to strengthen Miftaah’s presence and help it find a “brand” that will make a difference for all Muslims.The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with a passion for the job, and able to employ unique marketing techniques. He/She will be a skilled marketing strategist and able to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others.
Join the Miftaah Team!
Miftaah Institute is currently seeking suitable individuals for the positions listed below. If you are interested in working for Miftaah please submit an application. Due to the volume of applicants, we will be unable to respond to each submission. If your application matches our requirements we will reach out to you for further discussions.